Located on Ratchapuak Road, Khaomau Khaofang Restaurant (http://www.khaomaokhaofang.com/) is like dining right in the heart of the jungle! It can be reached from the city centre with a short taxi rude, but the trip really is worth it. The whole family will be impressed with the magical setting.
The restaurant markets itself as the “Imaginary Jungle”, and you’ll quickly see why! A large cascading waterfall, sparkling lake, pond filled with large fish, cute flower gardens, interesting rocks, hanging vines, lush greenery, and small bridges that cross over babbling streams are all part of the décor. Ambient sounds enhance the atmosphere, and there is soft music in the evenings.
The food is delicious and there are plenty of options for even the fussiest eaters. Serving up traditional national Thai food, there are also some tasty regional favourites. The cooks use fresh ingredients, adding lots of goodness to your plate.
Things to Know When Visiting with Children:
- Take insect repellent – the outdoor setting can make the family a target for mosquitoes and other biting insects.
- The restaurant is open for lunch between 11am and 3pm, and for dinner between 5pm and 10pm.
- You can make a reservation in advance by calling the restaurant – 053-838444 / 053-838838.
- The prices are reasonable, with most dishes costing between 100 and 200 Baht.
- Members of staff can speak English.
The post Khaomao Khaofang: Great Restaurant for Kids in Chiang Mai appeared first on FlyingKids.